Monday, June 6, 2011

Precious Few

Things have changed my life like Harry Potter has. I have read many other series, and none of them have even compared to it. I don't know what it is about it, but it's probably that I grew up on it. Don't get me wrong, I like Twilight, and Percy Jackson & the Olympians, and most recently, The Hunger Games. But no character, no book, no series will ever replace Harry to me. When I felt like I had no one, Harry, Ron and Hermione were always there. When I needed someone to hate, Tom Riddle filled that role magnificently. Sirius Black will always always always be my favorite literary character of all time, and doesn't everyone look up to Dumbledore? Anyways, I wanted to share some favorite parts of mine from the books (taking a leaf out of my great friend Megan's blog here)



"Hmm, you haven't got a letter on yours, I guess she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid, we know we're called Gred and Forge." -The Weasley Twins

"Will you look at this? I've got some presents!", said Harry. "Well what did you expect, turnips?" said Ron.

"Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black," said Kreacher wheezily, "And it's getting blacker everyday, it's filthy.." said Sirius.

"Kreacher did not see young master.." said Kreacher to Fred; "And there's it's twin, unnatural little beasts they are.." he added in an undertone.

"But they is making a mistake at the store, Harry Potter, they is giving you two the same!" said Dobby, "Ah, Harry, how come you didn't spot that? said Ron (in reference to the socks Harry gave Dobby for Christmas)

"Well Percy wouldn't want to work for anyone with a sense of humor, would he? He wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy" -Ron

"I think I've got an unaspected planet, Professor!" squealed Lavender. "It is Uranus, my dear" said Professor Trelawney. "Yeah, can I have a peek at Uranus too, Lavender?" sniggered Ron. Unfortunately Professor Trelawney heard him, and perhaps it was this that gave them so much homework at the end of the period.

I'm sure there are more; but these are my favorite funny ones. My two favorite quotes of all time also reside within the pages of this series. And they are:

"It is your choices that make you who you truly are, far more than your abilities"-Dumbledore, Chamber of Secrets

"If you want the true measure of man, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" -Sirius, Goblet of Fire

Many books are in my past and many more will be in the future, but nothing will ever take the place of these. My whole childhood resides on those pages, and it'll be tough saying goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment