Saturday, May 14, 2011

Words Mean A Lot.

Well, I'm going to start this post off by saying that LOVE is a serious word. It's not something that needs to be thrown around with every boyfriend or girlfriend that you get. I look on my Facebook feed and I have to say, that I am disappointed with all the people that are like "I love Jimmy" but then a week later, they are like "I love John" or "I love Ashley" then the next week they are like "I love Sarah." Generic names but you get the point. Love is something that takes time to develop and mature love needs a foundation. It makes me absolutely sick to the core that people above the age of  18 throw the word love or the word hate around like it is some crazy thing. Love takes commitment, and it's not a phony commitment, once you really love someone.

Family is a word that means a lot  to me. Not so much the word itself, but all that the word embodies. People who treat their families badly are an altogether different type of scum than anything that I can imagine. When I call someone my family, I put them before myself. I love them with all that I am. I blessed to have such a wonderful family by blood, which is not something everyone can claim to have. They have been my whole rock for my whole life, and I love them more than words could ever really express. That being said, I also count myself blessed to be part of Michael's family. His parents and sisters mean more to me than they will ever know. Family is all you ever really have in the end. 


There are more words that I wish to discuss, but they are best saved for another day and another story.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment